My Betty Blouse or My Dragon Top

Before Sewing Quarter launched they offered a choice between three patterns.  As I was not a big fan of the bag or the children’s pattern (might be wrong) I picked the Betty Blouse which came out as a free pattern in issue 19 of Simply Sewing. Betty BlouseFor this top I used left over fabric I had in my stash from Abakhan, a poli-cotton if I am not mistaken, with Chinese dragons, hence me calling it my dragon top. It is a super easy top to make.  My measurements put me between size 12 and 14. But because it is a such a loose fit top, I chose to cut size 12.  This is the first time I made pintucks. I made the mistake of pressing them down. Then I decided that they would look better if they are not pressed flat, so I tried to press them in the other direction .betty detail6To finish the neckline I used bias tape. Which is how the pattern instructions advise to finish the neckline as well. betty detail1Because it was such a simple top I did not use the instructions. And I used French Seams to finish the side seams. betty detail4The hems we finished by turning over twice, so there are no exposed raw edges. betty detail3 This one came together very fast in a couple of hours from printing the PDF to finished garment. betty blouse9

 

betty blouse11betty blouse8betty blouse6betty blouse5I have decided that if I make this top again I will used a plain colour and maybe use contrasting thread to make the pintucks stand out a bit more. they  get lost a little within my print.