It’s almost a year since I went on holiday to Barcelona and got this small piece of fabric. I only got 1 metre of it. So what to make was a hard decision. In the end I made this little top, using the pattern that Gemma lent me. I did not need the instructions because the top is a basic one. Considering I have been sewing for quite a while now I am quite confident I can make simple stuff without needed extra help from instructions.
Following my discovery that my body frame is an exact match for the standard slope used by Burda Young, as I mentioned on my Drindl blog posts here and here, I made no changes to the pattern and it fits perfectly. Also with this top because there was no room for error, I decided to develop my on technique to add the invisible zip but doing it in two extra stages. and that’s how I got perfect invisible zip, what’s actually invisible! Pat on the back! In hindsight, maybe I should have thought about pattern-matching the centre back line a little, for a truly invisible zip. But did not have that much fabric in the first place.
If you have been following my blog for a while now, you probably know that I prefer using bias tape to finish neck or armhole edges, rather than facings. So I did so with this top, by using red bias tape I already had in my stash. As expected the fit was perfect. Now you’ll understand why I prefer more fitted garments. LOL No surprise I shall be making a few more in the future. Once I manage to get on top of my looong list of other projects I want to make.